Gene Vincent Lonely Street Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gene Vincent Lonely Street Forum

Gene Vincent Forum FAN CLUB

HomeHome  PortailPortail  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
69.99 € 139.99 €
Voir le deal

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin Lee-Loo
Admin
Admin Lee-Loo

Female Nombre de messages : 6997
Emploi : Fondateur/presidente Lonely Street site/forum/fanClub

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Empty
PostSubject: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime13.04.08 14:36

si quelqu'un peut me traduire ce texte, j'en ai besoin pour l'année 1968 sur le site principal

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 387257 demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 387257

The frontier club
7365, Old Central Avenue, Fritley,
Minneapolis, Minnesota.
24th March - 7th April 1968

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 FrontierIn February 1968, Gene Vincent performed for one week at the Frontier Club. The appearances proved so popular that Vincent returned for a two week long residency in March 1968. Gene, and his wife Jackie, attended the Frontier Club (owned by Dick and Marlene Povliski) a fortnight earlier to finalise arrangements for the forthcoming shows. One of the two groups to back Gene during this stint were a local band called The Nitelife.

The Nitelife were formed in 1959, comprising of : John 'Boots' Varholdt-vocals, Mike Moriarty- Guitar, Russell Peterson-bass guitar and Rick Heaton-drums. Although the group never contributed their material to vinyl, singer- John Varholdt, released a solo single during 1965-1966 on the Twintown label: 'Sugar Shack'/ 'I'll Make It Up To You', both covered later by Jimmy Gilmer and Jerry Lee Lewis respectively.

The Nitelife were contracted to play on a one week per month basis at the Frontier, for the princely sum of $25 a night. They backed many star names of that time, including: Lonnie Mack, Joey Dee and Buddy Knox. Typical stage gear worn by the group throughout their tenure, were white shirts and black tuxedos ; at one point they wore trendy, Jawaharlal Nehru robes!

John Varholdt recalls his first introduction to Gene Vincent, and the preparations for the shows:

John Varholdt:
I was in there early one Sunday, setting up for our matinee show. Dick called me over and said 'i'd like to have you meet Gene Vincent'.I said 'oh gee, this is gonna be quite an honour.' We rehearsed very little, and worked out his material beforehand. When he came up two weeks later, and told us what tempo to do the songs- everything jelled. He could lead the band instead of the band leading him-Gene set the pace. Long-time Vincent fan, Tony Flores, had just got of the army, and learnt of the gig through his girlfriend. Tony had first seen Vincent perform ten years earlier with the Bluecaps.

Tony Flores:
I saw him play on a Sunday afternoon, his last night at the Frontier. He wore black leather pants, a medallion, and a Roman type shirt with ruffles at the front-he would change his shirt for each set. The Nitelife would start playing- fifteen minutes later, they would announce 'Capitol recording star-Gene Vincent.'
During week days, Gene would perform his fifteen minute set, four times a night to an audience of 200 people. On weekends, this was increased to six shows, starting from 1 in the afternoon ; until 1 in the morning. A typical set would begin with 'Lotta' Lovin', and go on to feature Vincent's familiar Capitol and Challenge recordings : 'Rocky Road Blues', 'Dance To The Bop', 'Baby Blue', 'Be- Bop- A- Lula' (1958 & 1962 versions) and 'Hi Lilli - Hi Lo'.Gene would also sing a selection of songs that he never recorded, including: 'That'll Be The Day', 'Green Green Grass Of Home', and a Beatles medley.
Gene, would often extend his set, and was open to requests and questions from the audience. He still incorporated a wild stage act, and had the lead guitarist- bend down on his knees, in classic Bluecaps fashion.

Tony Flores:
I talked to him a little, and asked him to do 'Blues Stay Away From Me'. He was real soft spoken-real polite.I asked him where he'd been, he said he'd been working overseas an awful lot. Gene drank a beer once in a while - that was about it.He was surprised that a lot of his records in the UK didn't make it over here- he didn't really understand that they never released a lot of stuff.

John Varholdt:
Gene put his heart and soul into those shows, and was up on everything that was on the market place. He was a super person, there was a lot of laughter and humour.I never saw him drinking anything other than a Cola. He did a fabulous show-people loved him.

The Nitelife continued playing until the mid 70's. Russell Peterson and John Varholdt played together in various bands through the 80's and early 90's.The Frontier club burnt down several years later, the site is now an Armed Forces Military Base.

Thanks to Tony Flores and John Varholdt. Photos from the collection of Tony Flores.

Extracts from 'Sweet Gene Vincent ('The Bitter End') by Steven Mandich - to be published early next year by Orange Syringe Publications.

I would like to hear from anyone who was connected with, or saw Gene perform between 1969-1971.
Back to top Go down
Admin Lee-Loo
Admin
Admin Lee-Loo

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime15.04.08 17:24

En février 68, Gene Vincent se produisit pendant une semaine au frontier club. Ses shows eurent un tel succès que Vincent revint pour 2 semaines en mars 68. Gene et sa femme Jackie vinrent au frontier club (propriété de Dick et Marlene Povliski) un peu avant, pour finaliser les prochains shows. L'un des 2 groupes à accompagner Gene était un groupe local qui s'appelait les Nitelife.

Les Nitelife furent formés en 59 et composés de John Boots Jarholdt comme chanteur, Mike Moriarty à la guitare, Russel Peterson à la basse, et Rick Heaton à la batterie. Bien que le groupe n'ait pas sorti de disque, le chanteur John Varholdt sortit un single en 65-66 sur le label Twintown avec "Sugar Shock", "I'll make it up to you", tous les 2 chantés plus tard par Jimmy Gilmer et Jerry Lee Lewis. Les Nitelife passèrent un contrat pour jouer une semaine par mois au frontier pour la somme royale de 25 dollars la soirée. Ils jouèrent avec de nombreuses stars de l'époque comme Lonnie Mack, Joey Dee et Buddy Knox. Leur tenue typique de spectacle, c'était des Tshirts blancs et des tuxedos noirs. Ils furent même à la mode en portant les tuniques de Jawaharlal Nehru.

John Varholdt se rappelle la fois ou il fut présenté à Gene Vincent et les préparatifs du show:

" C'était un dimanche matin, on allait faire notre spectacle de la matinée. Dick m'appela et me dit, j'aimerais que tu rencontres Gene Vincent. Je répondis, mon Dieu!! Ce serait un tel honneur!! Nous répétâmes très peu et préparâmes en avance ce qu'il allait chanter. Quand il arriva deux semaines plus tard et nous dit quel tempo choisir pour les chansons, tout se mit en place. Il pouvait diriger le groupe au lieu d'être dirigé par lui. Gene donna le rythme".

Un vieux fan de Gene Vincent, Tony Flores revenait tout juste de l'armée et entendit parler du concert par sa petite amie. Tony avait vu Gene sur scène 10 ans auparavant avec les Blue Caps:

"Je lui ai un peu parlé et demandé de chanter "Blues stay away from me". Il parlait très peu et était vraiment extrêmement poli. Je lui ai demandé ou il avait été et il me répondit qu'il avait beaucoup travaillé de l'autre côté de l'atlantique. Gene buvait une bière de temps en temps et c'était tout. Il était étonné de voir qu'un grand nombre de ses disques sortis en Grande Bretagne n'étaient pas disponibles ici. Il n' a pas vraiment compris pourquoi ils avaient sorti si peu de choses ici".

John Varholdt:

" Gene mit tout son coeur et toute son âme dans ces deux shows et était au fait de tout ce qui se passait. C' était un type formidable; beaucoup de rires et d'humour. Je ne l'ai jamais vu boire autre chose que du Coca. Il fit un concert fabuleux et les gens l'adoraient".

Les Nitelife continuèrent à jouer jusqu'au milieu des années 70. Russel Peterson et John Varholdt jouèrent ensemble dans de nombreux groupes tout au long des années 80 et 90. Le frontier club brûla plusieurs années après et l'endroit est à présent une base militaire.

Merci à Tony Flores et John Varholdt. Photos de la collection de Tony Flores.

Extraits de "Sweet Gene Vincent" (The bitter end) de Steven Mandich publié prochainement par Orange Syringe Publications.

J'aimerais entrer en contact avec toute personne qui a vu Gene Vincent sur scène ou qui était en contact avec lui entre 69 et 71.

A bientôt

Jimmy

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 387257 Jimmy demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 499687
Back to top Go down
Admin Lee-Loo
Admin
Admin Lee-Loo

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime15.04.08 17:27

C'est quand meme dingue que sur la meme periode, des personnes disent des choses sur Gene, mais COMPLETEMENT OPPOSEES !!!!

VOUS EN PENSEZ QUOI VOUS ????

Back to top Go down
Uncle Gil
Membre Fan Club
Uncle Gil

Male Nombre de messages : 662
Emploi : Fumiste

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime15.04.08 19:18

J'en pense que nous ne sommes pas égaux devant la sénilité...
La mémoire de certains fout le camp plus vite que chez d'autres...

...le chanteur John Varholdt sortit un single en 65-66 sur le label Twintown avec "Sugar Shock", "I'll make it up to you", tous les 2 chantés plus tard par Jimmy Gilmer et Jerry Lee Lewis. Les Nitelife passèrent un contrat pour jouer une semaine par mois au frontier pour ...

Jimmy Gilmer enregistra ce titre ("Sugar Shack") en 1963 ! Et Jerry Lee "...Up To You" chez Sun...

Quant au coup du Coca seuls les vrais alcoolos utilisent cette combine... on met soit du bourbon soit du Martini dans la bouteille de Cola, la couleur est quasiment la même... ça fait illusion... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Lee-Loo
Admin
Admin Lee-Loo

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime15.04.08 19:54

cheers sacrilège
du banal coca dans du demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Coeurani divin bourbon demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Coeurani

le fantome de Gene va venir te secouer cette nuit ! demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 721537

t'as raison Gene, secoue le, il n'est plus qu'a la camomille le tonton maintenant Razz

lol! lol!

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 6122
Back to top Go down
Uncle Gil
Membre Fan Club
Uncle Gil

Male Nombre de messages : 662
Emploi : Fumiste

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime15.04.08 22:09

Non... non... pas de mélange(s) ! On utilise une bouteille VIDE de Cola et on la remplit avec du booze ou du Martini...

Quant à la tisane, il m'arrive aussi - en plus de la camomille - de boire du tilleul !
Back to top Go down
Admin Lee-Loo
Admin
Admin Lee-Loo

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime16.04.08 1:37

lol! je n'imagine meme pas un quart de seconde, Gene faire croire qu'il buvait du coca

boire derriere le regard de ceux qui jugent, oui surement (pour ses femmes), mais pas dans des mises en scene demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 721537
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968   demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

demande traduction - Gene Le Frontier Club Minnesota 1968
Page 1 of 1